Once upon a time there were many who considered adventure and exploration a thing saved for men who were considered stronger and better equipped for experiences in the wild. Fortunately, we now know that women are just as capable at tackling adventure as any man is, if not sometimes more so. Traveling alone in a motorhome hire to explore some of New Zealand’s best spots is something that isn’t only reserved for men.
If you are a woman who is looking for places to get your heart pumping, your hiking shoes dirty, and your adrenaline soaring, the following adventures in New Zealand are sure to suit your fancy. To be sure, the below-mentioned activities can be done by both women and men alike, because there is rarely an activity that can’t be done by both genders.
They are great ideas to do with a group of girlfriends. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday or escaping on vacation together, adventure with your besties can be a truly remarkable experience.
Just because “you’re a girl” doesn’t mean that you can’t join in on all the fun to be had in New Zealand’s wild nature. With preparation, planning, and the right gear, you can expect to have the time of your life. Check out these New Zealand adventures:
- Go white water rafting on the Tongariro River-If you love water and adventure, combine the two and go white water rafting on the Tongariro River in New Zealand. These rapids may not be as scary as others in the world, but since they are grade 3, you can be sure that you’re in for some adventure. Whether you book a rafting experience with girlfriends or join a group on your own, you can rest assured that this will be one of the most exciting experiences of your trip.
- Explore Fox Glacier-If you are in the mood for a bit of cold air and beautiful scenery, hop on over to Fox Glacier. While you surely can see the area from the comfort of a helicopter, we suggest giving a glacier hike a shot. It’s adventure, beauty, and fantastic scenery all rolled into one. We suggest hiring a guide to be sure you navigate the glaciers safely, but don’t worry, most men have to do it too.
- Go skydiving in Auckland-Get in your motorhome hire and continue trip to Auckland. It’s a great place to enjoy the New Zealand hospitality and friendly atmosphere but also a great destination for adventure sports and activities, such as skydiving. At Skydive Auckland, you can expect thrilling views of the gorgeous landscape below in the hands of some of New Zealand’s most-trusted instructors.
- Go surfing-It’s a large misconception that surfing is more of a men’s sport than it is for women. The good news is that New Zealand sees many a surfer and there is no regard for whether you are male or female. If you’re good, you’re good. There are great spots for surfing in New Zealand, such as Raglan, Whangapoua, or Piha—to name a few.
- Go swimming with sharks-Okay, well maybe it’s less swimming and more observing through a cage, but either way, if what you want is adventure, it can’t get much better than cage diving with sharks. Because both Australia and New Zealand are highly-known for the presence of Great Whites, you can be sure that there is nothing small about the sharks you will come face-to-face with. It’s an experience that anyone who has a heart for adventure and fun can enjoy.
- Go swimming with dolphins-This is one animal that may be a bit friendlier to you than sharks. While sharks don’t attack out of pleasure, they do get confused so us humans have to be careful. Dolphins, on the other hand, are playful and great fun to swim with. Just be sure that you don’t touch them and you use environmentally friendly sun-screen. One of the best places for swimming with wild dolphins is in Kaikoura.
- Go hiking in some of NZ’s most beautiful locations-A trip to New Zealand wouldn’t be complete without an experience hiking in the great outdoors. Similar to the U.S., NZ is full of beautiful national parks. Some places that you will want to explore are Abel Tasman National Park, Tongariro Alpine National Park, and Mount Cook National Park to name a few. Some hikes are short while some are long. Go prepared and if heading out on a multiple-day hike, make sure to go with a group or guide. Adventuring in the wild is always better in a group.
Adventure-seekers, New Zealand is the place for you. It’s where you can experience nature in all of its glory and enjoy adventure like never before. Go ahead and rent that motorhome hire and discover why everyone is talking about New Zealand adventure. You won’t be disappointed!